Overcoming the Challenges and Reaping the Rewards By Mark K. Ruport, CEO – Sigma Labs,…
This paper, How AM Quality Standards Can Benefit Our Journey to Mars! talks about NASA’s commitment to qualify additive manufacturing and discusses important information on topics like:
- Why well-defined process qualification standards remain a clear gap in an AM standards framework.
- How existing post-build processes can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Perspectives on standardization in the AM certification process: NASA-STD-6030.
- Ways that non-destructive evaluation and process monitoring capability can help optimize system parameters and output.
- Why detecting anomalies and potential errors in real-time produces better outcomes than attempting to “inspect quality into a product”.