Technical Sales Engineer
Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Company: Sigma Labs, Inc.
Department: Sales and Marketing
Job Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Sigma Labs Technical Sales Engineer will successfully drive technical engagements with assigned prospects in support of closing sales and driving revenue growth of Sigma Labs products. Establish rapport with key technical contacts of legacy, current and new clients about, and in support of, purchasing innovative leading edge in-process quality assurance for additive manufacturing technology. Generate demand by evangelizing and passionately imparting a change of mindset against traditional manufacturing thinking.
You will be partnered as a team with a direct Sales Account Manager. The Technical Sales Engineer’s responsibilities include delivering product demonstrations, technical presentations, supporting customer software trials, networking with clients, attending seminars and trade exhibitions, conducting research, increasing the industries knowledge of Sigma Labs products, and providing client and staff training. You should be able to deliver excellent customer support and make appropriate suggestions for improvement. To be successful as a Technical Sales Engineer, you should demonstrate great active listening skills, patience, and confidence. Outstanding candidates are self-starters with superb networking abilities, research skills, and a good eye for opportunities.
- Interacts extensively with Sigma Labs design, engineering, manufacturing, and production colleagues to become expert in PrintRite3D products, technologies and sciences while balancing a demanding sales support role.
- Meets with existing and potential customers, promoting product features, detailing engineering and scientific processes, presenting and demonstrating products, and determining which products meet the in-process quality assurance requirements of additive manufacturing operations.
- Prepares and delivers cost/time/performance benefit value selling of Sigma Labs products
- Provides software and hardware technical and engineering information by proactively responding to incoming questions and assisting with technical portions of RFP and RFQ responses.
- Provides post-sales support for customers. Discusses and troubleshoots any problems with a recently purchased product, makes minor adjustments or repairs, and logs issues to be discussed with the Sigma Labs engineering and production team.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Qualified candidates will have a BS in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with additive manufacturing materials, processes, and machine technologies with an emphasis on metal 3D printing and/or metallurgy.Experience with additive manufacturing powder bed fusion platforms, optics, machine control systems, lasers, etc.
- Experience with computer hardware, networking, storage, and electrical systems
- Experience with scientific/analytical or engineering software
- Knowledge of traditional manufacturing and post-processing procedures and methodologies.Knowledge of and experience with quality management systems and/or quality control and assurance especially as they relate to highly regulated industries such as medical device, defense, and aerospace manufacturing.
- Minimum 3 years of direct technical sales experience with demonstrated success achieving assigned targets, with a similar high dollar, high tech industrial software product.
- Strong customer service, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Change agent, high-tech enterprise experience, ambassador for a revolutionary technology change from subtractive to additive manufacturing.
- Strong business acumen, excellent organizational, research, and multitasking abilities. Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills
Understanding of computer networking, data transfer and storage, and high-performance analytical computing is required. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook applications. CRM software experience important.
Area Sales Manager EMEA & FSU
Location: Remote/Home Office/Sigma Labs EMEA Munich
Job Title: Area Sales Manager EMEA & FSU
Company: Sigma Labs, Inc.
Department: Sales and Marketing
Job Status: Permanent
Location: Remote / Home Office / Sigma Labs EMEA Munich
Position Summary: The Sigma Labs Area Sales Manager EMEA & FSU will successfully execute sales assignments to increase revenue growth of Sigma Labs products. Identify, engage, and establish rapport with legacy, current and new clients about, and in support of, selling innovative leading edge in-process quality assurance for additive manufacturing technology. Generate demand by evangelizing and imparting a change of mindset against traditional manufacturing thinking. Own complete sales cycle from initial lead generation through contract close. Maintain long-term account management responsibility. You will be supported as a sales team with a Technical Sales Engineer.
- Planning and conducting direct sales initiatives as directed in support of Sigma’s PrintRite3D in-process quality assurance products businesses achieving assigned sales quotas and targets.
- Prospecting for ideal target customers followed by identification of and engagement with key stakeholders, influencers, decision makers and budget owners.
- Making on-site and virtual presentations to potential customers detailing Sigma Labs product features, benefits, and contract options. Ability to understand and communicate at a high level highly scientific physics-based principles associated with Sigma Labs technologies.
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and report all progress in CRM. Conduct sales calls, generate quotations, attend trade shows, and participate in social media sales and marketing activities.
- Monitoring the on-going customer assessment of Sigma Labs proposals and forecasting potential sales of Sigma Labs products in collaboration with the Sales Management.
- Contribute to the ongoing assessment of competitive activity, product capabilities, pricing strategies and general business initiatives.
- Provide appropriate input and recommendations to Sigma Labs technical and business management about marketplace reactions and developing requirements regarding the rapidly developing arena of additive manufacturing technologies, with a primary focus on the 3D printing of critical performance, high-end metal components.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Qualified candidates will have a BS as a minimum, in Engineering is preferred, or related.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with additive manufacturing materials, processes, and machine technologies with an emphasis on metal 3D printing and/or metallurgy.
- Knowledge of traditional manufacturing and post-processing procedures and methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with quality management systems and/or quality control and assurance especially as they relate to highly regulated industries such as aerospace, medical device, defense, manufacturing, etc.
- Minimum 5-10 years of direct sales experience with a proven track record and demonstrated success achieving sales targets, with a similar high dollar, high tech industrial software and capital equipment product.
- Experience delivering value propositions to relevant stakeholders including selling to the “C” suite, business unit budget owners, scientists, manufacturing and materials engineers, QA/QC and operations managers.
- A high customer orientation and focus is a must have.
- Hunter, change agent, high tech enterprise experience, ambassador for a revolutionary change from subtractive to additive manufacturing.
- Hunting and Farming Sales abilities are required to fulfill the role successfully.
- Metal 3D printing / additive manufacturing industry experience required.
- OEM sales experience is desired.
- German native speaker is a must have.
- A good high level of English as a second language is a must have.
- Any other language skills are desired.
- Understanding of computer networking, data transfer and storage, and high-performance analytical computing is beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- CRM software experience important.
Director Product Management
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Position: Director Product Management
Minimum Requirements: 5 – 10 years Additive Manufacturing product management experience
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Compensation: Industry competitive salary, bonus and benefits
The Position: The Director of Product Management will report to the CTO and executive management team to create, implement, monitor and communicate the vision of Sigma Labs product line, PrintRite3D. The director of Product Management will work closely with various teams to make business decisions and create product strategies that ensure the company’s long-term sustainability. In the execution of these strategies the Director of Product Management will work with Engineering and Sales to ensure corporate goals are met on time and on budget while client and market needs are met.
The Director of Product Management works with Engineering and Sales teams to build and enhance products from existing ideas and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects. He or she, must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. He/she will be responsible for conducting market research including working in the field to understand target audience needs and issues and find innovative solutions for existing and new market segments. The Product Manager will stay on top of current Additive Manufacturing trends and develop long-term plans for the success of the product line.
The Director of Product Management is the champion for the product line and must communicate with all areas of the company. He or she will work Sales and Engineering to define product requirements. The Director Product Management will work with Sales and Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. The Product Manager will also serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, working with the sales channel and key clients.
Qualities and Attributes: Must have exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients. Additionally, the professional is a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role. He/she is highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value, benefit, and revenue growth for Sigma Labs.
Further qualities and attributes that aid in the success of this role are:
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Team player attitude is mandatory.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary.
The Responsibilities: The Director Product Management is responsible for all aspects of a product line including the coordination of activities across various departments. Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Define feature roadmap for Sigma Labs’ products based on business opportunities and market research
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospects.
- Complete knowledge of SDLC.
- Monitor and set prices on all products
- Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches working with Marketing
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with Marketing team. (Including Release Notes, demonstrations, and Improvement Reports.)
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead forward looking research studies.
- Develop and deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, train the trainer programs, and presentations at symposia, trade shows, and key customer accounts.
- Act as liaison between Sales, Marketing, and Technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Develop product training plan internally and externally.
Education: Advanced or Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years product management experience in Additive Manufacturing
- Understands and is conversant in the AM digital thread, or end to end solution
- Strong understanding of in-process quality assurance or monitoring software
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills